Submit Your Abstract
SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT
On behalf of the Scientific Committee of MaculArt Meeting 2019, we thank you for submitting your work for presentation. We have an on-line submission and evaluation process administered by Kenes M+; please take a moment to read the following simple guidelines.
All abstracts must be submitted on-line through the abstract submission system. Abstracts that are sent via e-mail or fax will not be included in the abstract assessment process by the Scientific Committee.
Abstract Submission deadline is 15th March 2019 at 23:59 (with meeting local time)
***Please do not submit multiple versions of the same abstract.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINE
- If an abstract is accepted for presentation, the first author must undertake to present it.
- All abstracts will initially be reviewed, graded and accepted or rejected by the Scientific Committee. The Committee reserves the right to determine whether an abstract submission is accepted as an oral presentation or a poster. The decision of the Committee is final.
- The presenting author will be required to register for the congress in order to have acceptance of the abstract confirmed.
Preparation of Abstracts
All abstracts must be submitted in English.
As usual, abstracts will be considered either for:
- Oral presentation (6 minutes for presentation plus 2 minutes for discussion)
- Oral presentation: Free
- Poster: The main category (see below) that is relevant for your abstract must be selected during the submission process. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to change the category during the abstract assessment process.
Guidelines for Poster
- Title: Abstract title can contain a maximum of 250 characters.
- Author(s): First and last names, institutions, and e-mail addresses of the authors must be fully indicated correctly and in the right order.
- Abstract text: Abstract text should not exceed 300 words. The title of the abstract, authors’ names, institutions and keywords are not included in this limit.
- Posters printing dimensions: 954 mm width x 1388mm height
The abstract should have five sections
- Financial disclosure
The Poster presentations categories for 2019 will be as follows:
- AMD Epidemiology/genetics
- AMD Imaging
- OCTA imaging
- Retinal Vein Occlusion
- AMD Treatments
- Innovation retina
- Geographic Atrophy
- Inherited disorders
- Diabetic Macular Edema
- Diabetic Retinopathy
*Images, tables, diagrams and graphs are allowed for the abstracts. Please upload images, tables, diagrams and graphs into the system on the related section of the abstract submission system.
*The Program Committee will only accept abstracts with final results or conclusions.
*Formulae should, in general, be avoided.
*When using abbreviations or acronyms for the first time, care should be taken to spell them out in full with the abbreviation in parentheses after the full word/s the first time it appears in the text. The abbreviation should be used alone thereafter.
Evaluation Process and Acceptance Letters
All submitted abstracts will be scored by 3 members of the Scientific Committee following which the draft program will be drawn up. While scientific merit is the most important factor in evaluating an abstract, the program will also take into account other factors such as the topic, geographic representation etc.
Acceptance letters will be sent by 31 March 2019, Monday via e-mail. Relevant information about your abstract’s presentation including the presentation date, time, venue, presentation number will be included in the acceptance letters.
The presenting author of the abstract must be registered for the congress.
Thank you for submitting your work for consideration. We look forward to meeting you at MaculArt 2019! Please make contact with us directly should you have any specific enquiries.
Scientific Program Coordinator
Dr Mayer Srour, email@example.com
Kenes M+, Scientific Program Coordinator
Alida Enes, firstname.lastname@example.org