The Gala Dinner will take place at the Salon Gustave Eiffel on Monday, the 24th of June.
The cocktail will start at 19:30 and will be followed by dinner at 20:30.
Five facts about the Eiffel Tower:
- The Eiffel Tower was built by Gustave Eiffel for the 1889 Exposition Universelle, which was to celebrate the 100th year anniversary of the French Revolution.
- Its construction took 2 years, 2 months and 5 days. It was a symbol of technological prowess and a demonstration of French engineering personified by Gustave Eiffel: a truly defining moment of the industrial era.
- Every night, every hour on the hour, the tower is covered in golden lights and sparkles for five whole minutes while the Eiffel Tower’s beam lights up the city.
- As France’s symbol in the world, and the showcase of Paris, today it welcomes almost 7 million visitors a year (around 75% of whom are foreigners), making it the most visited monument that you have to pay for in the world.
- The Eiffel Tower is the stage for numerous events of international significance (light shows, the Tower’s centenary, the Year 2000 pyrotechnic show, repainting campaigns, sparkling lights, the blue Tower to mark France’s Presidency of the European Union or the multicoloured Tower for its 120th birthday, unusual fixtures, such as an ice rink, a garden etc.)